Celebrating Purim, online and in-person!
Many thanks to the Ritual Committee members, Hebrew School students, Sisterhood, Rabba Kaya, and all the volunteers who created an array of programs for a socially-close and physically-distanced Purim celebration. With the generous support of the Cultural Endowment Fund, temple members enjoyed a variety of events, including:
- The family-friendly and interactive comedy show “Esther to the Rescue,” performed by members of the professional troupe, The Bible Players.
- Hebrew School students and their families created and delivered mishloach manot to the homes of some of the senior members of the congregation.
- Magician Ariel Shrum and community readers enlivened a virtual Megillah reading.
- Sisterhood members Helen Hanan and Lorrie Grossman hosted a Zoom hamantaschen bake from their respective kitchens.
- The Ritual Committee was grateful for a sunny and mild-for-February Friday afternoon for the Parking Lot Purim-Palooza! The drive-through celebration featured tables for mishloach manot drop-off and pickup, a food drive station where congregants could fulfill the mitzvah of matanot la’evyonim, holiday-themed Mad Libs, Parsley Prep Packets, and a photo-op station staffed by costumed and masked volunteers. Rabba Kaya and our joyful Ritual Committee volunteers enjoyed Israeli dancing during breaks in the action, in a scene of merriment which delighted several Jewish visitors and new residents who happened to walk by.