To learn more about any of these groups, or to ask whether the group is seeking new volunteers or committee members, please contact Temple Administrative Director Heather Tomlinson by email or at (603) 436-5301 x10.
- Brotherhood, a social and service organization for the men of the congregation that sponsors latke making, bagel and lox breakfasts, Sukkah building, temple beautification projects, card nights, and baseball outings.
- Sisterhood, connecting women and offering support to the TI community by sponsoring High Holidays childcare, Simchat Torah ice cream party, a women’s discussion group, and more.
- Spring Event Committee, planning and executing the annual spring fundraiser (decorating, cooking, lining up entertainment, organizing a raffle or auction, etc.)
- Art Review Team
- Youth Group
- Teen Programs
- Senior Programs
- Home Hospitality. Would you be open to hosting visiting clergy, cantors, speakers, entertainers or groups of young people for a meal or overnight? How about hosting a group of temple members for “Havdalah at Home” or “Shabbat at Home”?
- Ritual Committee, determining policy and procedures related to Jewish practice within TI.
- Help Lead Services: Read Torah or Haftorah, be trained as a gabbai, lead part of a service
- Attend Services – one of the most important contributions a temple member can make. You might help make a minyan!
- Usher at High Holiday services
- Chevrah Kadisha, our burial society.
- Adult Education Committee, offering courses to further Jewish education.
- Education Committee, overseeing our Early Learning Center and Religious School.
- Israel Affairs
Helping People in Need
- Seacoast Family Promise, an interfaith hospitality network in which volunteers provide meals and overnight support for families experiencing homelessness. more
- Social Action Committee
- Chesed Squad: providing visits, meals, rides and other help to community members in need.
- Membership Committee, encouraging recruitment and retention of membership in Temple Israel.
- Cemetery Committee, showing respect for our departed by maintaining and caring for the cemetery. (Our cemetery has a section for interfaith families.)
- Development Committee, coordinating and overseeing fundraising and donor stewardship activities
- Docent Team, giving tours of Temple Israel.
- Endowment Committee, managing the endowment fund and allocating interest earned.
- Financial Oversight Committee, supporting the Treasurer and advising on temple financial planning.
- House Committee, ensuring the safety, maintenance and continuity of our physical facility.
- Library Committee, overseeing the Nancy Mae Shaines Memorial Library’s extensive collection of Jewish fiction, nonfiction, movies, DVDs, and reference materials.
- Office and IT Help, such as helping with bulk mailings or working on our website.
Volunteering or attending programs and services is a great way to not only help your community, but feel more a part of it. Again, to learn more about an of these groups and how to get involved, please contact Temple Administrative Director Heather Tomlinson by email or at (603) 436-5301 x10.