- Karsh pp. 8-59 Karsh’s book, Palestine Betrayed; provides a detailed but concise history of the arrival of Zionism in the Holy Land and Jewish-Arab relations leading up to 1948.
- MorrisPP1-74 ; 1948 – A History of the Arab/Israeli War
READINGS FOR 2nd DISCUSSION MEETING OF TUESDAY, March 22, 2016 At 7:00 PM
- Karsh, pages 210-243; 1948: Shattered Dreams_Chapter 11 (Note: the Karsh article shows sidewise;you can print it to read it more easily)
- Oren, Pre 1967: The Context-Arabs, Israelis, and the Great Powers, 1948-1966
- Benny Morris, 1948 Book: “A History of the First Arab-Israeli War, Some Conclusions”
- Side-by-Side; 1967: “The Six Day War” Israeli and Palestinian version of events.
Summary Outlines of the Readings for 2/23/16:
READINGS FOR 3rd DISCUSSION MEETING OF TUESDAY, May 31, 2016 At 7:00 PM
“Facts on the Ground” and “Different Stages of the Peace Process”
- Goldberg, et.al. on the Peace Process and Others
- Arthur Goldberg, “Resolution 242 After Twenty Years”
- Benny Morris interviewed, “There is a clash of civilizations”
- Others: AJC; Dennis Ross; Kenneth Levin
- Kelman, “The Israeli-Palestinian Peace Process and Its Vicissitudes”
- The West Bank Since Oslo
- Timeline of Peace Initiatives After 1967
- Opportunities and Obstacles to Current Peace Initiatives
Summary Outlines/Notes on the Readings:
All the above are links to the articles. They can be viewed by clicking on the link. Once opened, they may be printed to your printer, if desired, or downloaded to your computer.